Mortal Kombat X Crucial Tips to Execute the Fatalities/Brutalities
* Before anything, you should keep in mind that, timing is everything. If you press/hold the keys too early or too late, the move you embark to do will not work!
* Moreover, certain conditions might be required to be able to execute some moves- in particular brutalities.
* Each fighter has 3 variations. This means, each fighter can perform specific moves only possible to that variation.
* Each variation is displayed by diverse icons and highlighted in gold, unlike normal moves shown in pure white.
* Fatalities do not require you to unlock them. Meaning, they come already unlocked. As long as you make the correct key presses at the correct time, you should be able to perform them easily.
* However, each brutality will have some conditions before being performed. Otherwise, it will not work!
Such example is, for Kitana, connecting 3 rising fans during the game. Final hit must be bla bla bla. This means, unless you do 3 rising fans move, even you execute the final hit correctly, the specific brutality will not be achieved.
* Another crucial thing about brutalities is unless you perform them and the requirements by luck during key presses, you have to unlock them from the Krypt.
to be able to pull of any brutality;
a) either you have to unlock them and see what requirements they do have by having a look at the move list of each fighter.
b) perform them without knowing and just by luck.
* The most significant thing to be able to pull off the moves is UTILIZING THE SUPER METER correctly.
The Super meter consists of three parts. The first part once it is filled (either when you take damage or apply combos, blocks etc over opponent) will allow you do an enhanced version of a move. Once you do the enhanced version of a move, the body of your fighter will glow white indicating they are doing the enhanced version. Each time you properly execute an enhanced version of a move, one bar will be depleted. The second part allows you break a combo. Each time you properly do that, two bars will be depleted. The last part is the xray. This can be achieved when you fill all the bars and let you do a gigantic move comprised of several combos. It consumes all the bars.
*Brutalities can be done in Two Player Mode or Player vs Player Mode. They can not be done in Practice unlike Fatalities. Though, in Practice, Fatalities allowed you to execute are limited and only the first ones for each fighter.
* Most brutalities also will ask from you to perform the enhanced version of a normal move or a combo and each enhanced version will demand you to press the block key “at the same time with” the specific move/combo. The key point here is, you have to press the block key “simultaneously” with the move/combo, not after them. Otherwise the enhanced version will not work!
* But the enhanced version of any move also requires you to fill “at least” one single bar on the super meter which lies at the bottom left of the screen. Therefore, even though you really make the correct key presses, UNLESS you haven’t filled “at least” only single bar out of three, the enhanced version will not be made.
* Apart from all stuff i mentioned above, some brutalities will ask you to move the opponent or (make them hit you) in order for you to execute the certain brutality.Otherwise, it will not work!
For instance, a brutality can only be done at Kitana’s Royal Storm Variation requires a reflect move. This means, unless you get hit by an opponent, you will not be able to do the reflect move.
Sonya’s xray, Garrote parry. For this, if you just press the proper keys at the correct time without getting struck by the opponent, Sonya will only release a pink smoke and laugh. Instead, you get to make the rival hit Sonya, once she presses the buttons needed for xray. Likewise in Garrote Parry. If you do not let the opponent hit you during this, all Sonya will do is executing the move to the emptiness, rather than grabbing the single arm of them which is the correct move.
For PC players,
a few more additional tips could be useful,
1) Assign the block key to a slot on the keyboard which you could be able to hit at the correct time with the specific move. I assigned it to Space for example.
2) Not sure how much it affected the possibility of doing each move but, from the Controller Settings, you could change Release Check, Alternate Control and Input Shortcuts to the exact opposite status of the default. However, i only recommend you change the last two.
3) If your PC does not handle the game very well, something tricky could seem beneficial while doing each brutalities or fatalities. Normally, it is pretty hard to execute some of them when the game flows fast. but you can slow the game down by alt-tabbing to the desktop just before doing the move and then alt-tab back to the game. It will slow the game down which let you pull any move off far easier.